Landlords gas safety certificates – how to choose the right contractor

Posted by 6 August, 2009 Email This Post Email This Post Print This Post Print This Post


A plumbing and heating engineer has recently been jailed for carrying out gas work whilst not being registered. He had used another engineer’s registration after he was served with a prohibition notice. His work left innocent households with heating systems without hot water. Subsequent inspections determined the work was not up to “current standards”

Gas registration rules have changed and the body now approved is the Gas Safe Register. Approved engineers will supply a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate after checking your systems.

People are still killed in the UK because of faulty gas appliances. Landlords are responsible for the safety of their tenants and the HSE recommends checking contractors Gas Safe Register identity card. 

It makes sense to use a local contractor. To find one, you can search the For further information  call the HSE Gas Safety Advice Line 0800 300 363.

Click here for our 7 top tips for property owners.

or subscribe to receive new posts via email or using RSS
Categories : Business Insurance,Company Insurance,General Requirements,Health & Safety,Trade Tags : , ,


No comments yet.

Leave a comment